Darlene Briggs of Wayzata, Minn., was admired for her tireless
dedication to the marine industry. The MRAA and Boating Industry
magazine together present the Darlene Briggs Woman of the Year Award
to honor her memory. It is presented annually to an outstanding woman
who is actively involved in the marine industry at any level. It
recognizes long and devoted service, untiring commitment, and the
advancement of women in the marine business. The recipient will receive an award furnished by Boating Industry magazine. The Darlene Briggs Woman of the Year Award is presented annually during the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo.
See the list of all Darlene Briggs Woman of the Year Award Winners
1. Nominee must be female and employed in a marine industry.
2. Nominee must show a commitment to the advancement for women in the marine industry.
1. Complete the nomination form either personally or through nominating a female candidate.
2. Submit the nomination form to the MRAA Educational Foundation.
3. Once the nomination is received, each nominator will receive an application designed to collect details regarding the qualities of the nominee, and each nominee will receive an application through which she can share her individual attributes as they relate to this award.
Nominations and Applications for Darlene Briggs Marine Woman of the Year
Now Being Accepted
Nominations and applications are now being accepted
for the Darlene Briggs Marine Woman of the Year. The recipient is chosen for her qualities as
a professional business woman, her commitment to service, and her efforts to promote the advancement of women in the recreational marine industry. The number of nominations is not a key factor.
Marine Retailers Association of the Americas and Boating Industry co-sponsor this award. The award will be
presented during the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo, November 17-20, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
Nominations and applications for the 2013 Darlene Briggs Marine Woman of the Year Award must be received by August 31, 2013.
Darlene Briggs Marine Woman of the Year Nomination or Application
I would like to nominate the following woman for consideration for the 2013
Darlene Briggs Marine Woman of the Year Award: