The Marine Retailers Association of the Americas is committed to the continued health of the marine industry, as well as providing education and support to all of its members. Through this mission, the MRAA has created a number of scholarships to financially assist the professional development of those in the marine industry and has also set up an educational foundation to ensure this initiative continues to grow and prosper. The MRAA Educational Foundation, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation, was founded in 2004 to provide financial support for education, training and professional development in the recreational marine trades. MRAA and the MRAA Educational Foundation are dedicated to the growth of the recreational marine industry through workforce development. The MRAA Educational Foundation offers five different educational scholarships and an annual award.
- The Kevin Lodder Scholarship covers the tuition and provides a travel stipend for the recipient to attend Spader Business Management's Total Management Workshop.
- The MRAA Educational Foundation's Technical Scholarships are awarded to Marine Technical Schools that train students for careers in the marine industry and to Marine Trade Associations that provide financial support to their members for technical training.
- The MRAA Educational Foundation presents, annually, the Darlene Briggs Woman of the Year Award. This honor is presented to an outstanding woman who is actively involved in the marine industry.
- The Duane Spader Leadership Development Scholarship, established in 2013, covers the tuition for the recipient to attend Spader Business Management's Leadership Development Program.
- The ABYC Scholarships, established in 2014, cover the tuition for one recipient to attend ABYC’s Introduction to Basic Marine Electric & Corrosion Protection and for another recipient to attend one of ABYC's Certification Courses.
- The Marine Industry College Scholarship, established in 2016, is intended to financially assist the training and education of those working in or planning for a career in the marine industry at an accredited college, university or post-secondary technical school.
To support and donate
to the MRAA Educational Foundation, simply click here