MRAA Retail Membership
The Marine Retailers Association of the Americas was founded to serve as the voice of the marine dealer body across North America. As such, one of its primary focal points is its advocacy work, both in Washington, D.C., and across the industry at large. Through its full-time Public Policy Manager Will Higgins, who is based in Washington, MRAA works on legislative and regulatory issues on our members’ behalf, on a daily basis. And as a co-host of the annual American Boating Congress, MRAA’s staff, board and Young Leaders Advisory Council come together in Washington to discuss the issues and meet with government officials on Capitol Hill.
Most MRAA members join the association to support the efforts of our advocacy work. Your membership dues allow us to fight the issues on your behalf. And in an effort to give back to our members, we have created a series of benefits, programs and services that will show you an ROI greater than your annual dues payment – We guarantee it. Take a look at those benefits below.
Retail Member (Starting at $300): This membership type is for boat and/or engine dealers, marine parts/accessory retailers, marina or boat yard operators, boat brokers, boat clubs or boat rental operators.
Partner Members (Starting at $1,500):There are three levels of membership within the Partner Membership: Standard, Premier and Platinum, with escalating member benefits from one level to the next.
Retail member benefits:
: Available for Canadian members
- Marine Dealer Conference & Expo.
- MDCE is the marine industry’s premier dealer educational event;
- It’s also the No. 1-rated benefit of MRAA membership, as rated by our Members;
- Members save $75 off, per registrant, in addition to exclusive workshop discounts;
- World-class education from world-class experts.
- Dealer Certification.
- Access the marine industry’s only template for running a world-class dealership;
- Tap into the expertise of our proven industry consultants and transform your business;
- Set yourself apart from your competition by meeting the program’s requirements;
- Drive higher levels of customer service; operational efficiencies and effectiveness;
and attain industry-leading performance by becoming Certified;
- MRAA Members receive discounts on Certification registration.
- Access MRAA’s highly rated educational programming 24-7-365 via MRAATraining.com;
- Tap into content from dealership experts to keep your staff educated on the latest trends, cutting-edge strategies and best practices;
- Use the tracking and reporting feature to manage staff training assignments and
review completed lessons;
- Members receive a variety of discounts as well as exclusive access to select content
- Boat & Yacht Insurance.
- Gain access to a new revenue stream through an exclusive insurance program, customized for MRAA Member customers;
- The product is designed to drive service work back to an MRAA Member;
- The average MRAA Member that uses AquaPac makes $4,700 annually;
- Freight & Shipping Discounts.
- Attain savings on every package that you ship or pay the freight on;
- Secure a minimum of 23% savings on small package shipping from FedEx;
- Achieve up to 70% savings on Less-Than-Truckload freight from trusted carriers;
- The average MRAA Member that uses PartnerShip saves $500 annually.
- Priority One Financial Services for F&I Outsourcing and Equipment Financing.
- Access to loan processing to deliver F&I options to customers;
- Receive $5 BonusBucks on each loan processed through Priority One;
- Exclusive, Member-Only rates to finance used equipment with no age restrictions, flexible terms, seasonal payments and more.
- MRAA Career Center, part of the Marine Industry Career Network.
- Access more than 50 common dealership job descriptions, sample employee handbooks, scholarship opportunities, and much more;
- Connect with job seekers through the Career Network’s jobs board and resume bank;
- Post jobs, view resumes, and tap into our database of marine schools for future opportunities;
- MRAA Members receive discounts on all Career Network products and services, as well as exclusive access to many resources.
- Digital Marketing Master Series.
- Access Members-Only, digital marketing webinars from the experts at ARI;
- Learn how to track your ROI on digital marketing, put digital resources and tools to work for you and sell more boats;
- MRAA Members can access the webinars live or as recordings via MRAATraining.com.
- Resource Center.
- Access MRAA Members-Only downloadable resources and materials related to Finance & Insurance; Operations; Financial Management; Marketing; Sales; Service;
- Explore custom publications sharing best practices and expert advice, in addition to industry data that reveals emerging trends from across the industry;
- Use templates to help you manage your financials and inventory levels, among other areas of your business;
- Resource Center content is valued at more than $3,000.
- Management Groups.
- Spader Business Management is the endorsed 20 Group provider of the MRAA;
- Access to peer dealership best practices, financial insights and business performance strategies;
- 20 Group participants, on average, typically outperform their counterparts;
- MRAA membership a prerequisite to joining a Spader 20 Group.
- KPA: HR Management and Environmental Health & Safety Programs
- Acquire 10% off KPA HR Management software, a complete package for HR solutions for marine retailers to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Tap into 10% off KPA Environmental Health & Safety program that educates dealerships compliance standards through employee trainings to facility inspections;
- Stay up to speed with the latest compliance requirements with members-only KPA webinars.
- Chrysler Discounts.
- Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program offers members preferred pricing on cars, vans, and trucks for commercial or personal use from the Chrysler family of brands at 1% below factory invoice rate;
- Save on up to two vehicles each calendar year at the preferred pricing rate;
- Receive four free oil changes, 5-year, 100,000-mile warranty on all vehicles purchased through the program.
- Customer Satisfaction Tools.
- Access an average $1,000 savings for MRAA members on annual customer follow-up packages which include online access to reporting, 6 monthly reports, and 100 calls made to your customers;
- Discounted calls in addition to the 100 call package;
- Members, who continue CSI participation into a second year, receive 150 calls made for the same rate.
- Dealer Management System.
- Tap into 25% off up-front cost of installation;
- Assistance with data conversion, initial training and system configuration;
- Collect Members-Only monthly reports on national industry data metrics to keep you apprised of the year over year trends.
- Warranty Processing
- Exclusive offer for MRAA members to provide profitable warranty reimbursements from manufacturers;
- Promotes a cost-effective solution to help dealers of boats, motors, trailers and other marine components dramatically increase warranty revenue;
- Dedicated team and systems to address warranty-related requests and concerns, along with submitting, tracking and reviewing claims.
- Market Penetration Reports.
- Use these reports to tailor your inventory needs to support your operational goals;
- 50-page analysis gives the most detailed information available on your market share;
- Acquire two versions of the discounted report; monthly and quarterly.
- Pulse Reports.
- A review of the key indicators driving the marine industry trends from data provided by boat and engine dealers across North America;
- MRAA and Baird have created the first Marine Retailer Sentiment Index, which provides increasing value over time as historical data masses;
- Access to easy to digest reports to check the health of your current operations with industry trends.
- Marketing Solutions.
- Branding is critical, retailers need to leave a memorable impression on their consumer base – Lighthouse can help members craft a presence to remember;
- Customized marketing options to meet your needs;
- Official Video Marketing Partner of the MDCE.
- Digital Showroom Manager.
- Interactive technology to create custom quotes, control margins, customer financing agreements and monitor inventory all in one package;
- Members save on the initial set up and yearly update costs;
- Save 10% discount on monthly support fee.
- Legal Services.
- Advocating the rights of yacht and boat dealers throughout the nation;
- $300 monthly retainer provides unlimited access to legal support on all dealership issues;
- Experienced counsel to support MRAA’s dealer network.
- Three education and training scholarships annually awarded to grow and drive success in our dealerships though workforce development;
- Numerous scholarships awarded and thousands of dollars distributed each year, including management-level scholarships, technical scholarships and much more.